HAPPY THANKSGIVING CANADA!

One of the decorations I made years ago
for the Recreation Auditorium.
****************

Received the following in an e-mail
and wanted to share it with you.
It's been around quite a while!
Be blessed my friends!

I Am Thankful For...

For the teenager who is not doing dishes 
but is watching TV, 
because that means he is at home 
and not on the streets.
For the taxes I pay, 
because it means that I am employed.
For the mess to clean after a party, 
because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
For the clothes that fit a little too snug, 
because it means I have enough to eat.
For my shadow that watches me work, 
because it means I am out in the sunshine.
For a lawn that needs mowing, 
windows that need cleaning, 
and gutters that need fixing, 
because it means I have a home.
For all the complaining I hear about the government, 
because it means that we have freedom of speech.
For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, 
because it means I am capable of walking, 
and that I have been blessed with transportation.
For my huge heating bill, 
because it means I am warm.
For the lady behind me in my place of worship 
when she sings off key, 
because it means that I can hear.
For the pile of laundry and ironing, 
because it means I have clothes to wear.
For weariness and aching muscles 
at the end of the day, 
because it means I have been capable of working hard.
For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, 
because it means that I am alive.
and finally....
For too much e-mail, 
because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.

15 comments:

ellen b. said...

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Karin!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I've seen this before, it's very good! You are quite the flower arranger! I couldn't arrange one flower in a teacup, have no talent for it at all!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Karin... Hope you two have a great day today!!!!

Love the poem.... We do need to be thankful for our 'abundances"---even though I'd love to get rid of some of my abundance of weight... ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Doris Sturm said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Someone sent me that very message just the other day about being thankful, even for the not so pleasant things because there's a important meaning behind everything!

Have a wonderful and blessed week!

Kind Regards,
Doris :-)

Mari said...

This is good! Happy Thanksgiving Day to you!

Jane said...

Wonderful poem. Happy Thanksgiving Day to you!

Jane

George said...

I hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving today.
I'm thankful today that you shared this wonderful e-mail with us. It certainly shows the proper attitude to have in this life.

Wendy said...

I love that poem too. A good reminder, especially when faced with floor scrubbing or garage cleaning.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Bernie said...

Karin I have received the same e-mail and was thinking of using it in a post as well....I really think it makes us appreciate all that we have and are able to do. I really like it....:-) Hugs

Warren Baldwin said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Neat post. If we look, we all can find something to be thankful for, can't we?

Velvet Over Steel said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you there!

I love this poem!! Thank you for sharing.. it has such great reminders for things we should be greatful for and Not complain about! :-)

Hope you have a Wonderful week!
Hugs,
Coreen

Betty W said...

A little late, but I hope you had a good Thanksgiving! I´m there reading just have less and less time to comment. Sorry!
Love the email you posted!

Glenda said...

I like this list of often-overlooked blessings! Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving!

Anneliese said...

This is great, Karin! Like Glenda said... overlooked blessings... may we remember to be thankful the next time we want to complain.

C. JoyBell C. said...

Good points! Color things the way that you wish to color them, and see the whole world through your own personally-colored glasses! ;)

I didn't realize that you live in Canada. Perhaps I forgot. I would love to got there! :)

C