MANY BLESSINGS MONDAY




 Banff, Alberta, Canada


46. Sharing the worship service with our seniors - what a joy to help those who can no longer help themselves.

47. Daughter back safely from her retreat in the mountains with her dear sister from southern Alberta. Can't wait to hear all about it - or at least as much as they are willing to share, lol!

48. Brother and sister-in-law's 39. Anniversary - wish we could have been together. Too bad they live a whole province west!

49. Oldest daughter's and son-in-law's 18. Anniversary.  Where have the years gone?

50. Working on a book review - yes, that means I finally read a book again, lol!

51. Beautiful fall days - the green and gold trees as far as the eye can see - are stunning. 

52. Enjoying the delicious fall fruits and making yummy plum jam. No pectin needed.

53. Decorating the apartment with a few touches of fall - one of my 3 favorite seasons of the year.

54. Listening to old time hymns - What a friend we have in Jesus.

55. Knowing that people pray for me and keeping others in prayer.

56. Remembering a dear friend from youth group days in Winnipeg who passed on this week. He was always our chauffeur to social and ministry events.

57. Emergency personnel who come to help in a crisis in the middle of the night - even though the sirens wake us from our slumber.  We live in a complex of 4 towers with soooo many seniors much older than us and there seems to be always someone needing help.  God bless emergency response teams!

58. A word of "THANKS" generously and warmly given to me, when none at all was expected from this source.

59. A gorgeous harvest moon!

60. Being able to count my blessings! I asked the residents at the dementia unit where I lead hymn sing on Wednesday afternoon, to just give me one blessing they remember. One of the gentlemen jumped right in and said, "My salvation!" Is that heart warming, or what! Others said, "family" "good lunch" or "singing songs." I trust that all their hearts remember, even though many would not be able to even count blessings any more. Let's do it while we still can!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miccah - our grandson who turns 7 today!!

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;  
his love endures forever.
1 Chron. 16:34







9 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

What a pretty photo with that beautiful mountain! I love the mountains - hoping to move to Blue Ridge, GA near the Blue Ridge Mountains soon because that's where my heart is.

What a busy life you have! Glad you are doing well. Have a blessed week!

With love,
Doris :-)

Ginny Hartzler said...

What really special thanks these are, especially #60, so touching. And I love the wonderful picture with those mountains and the tree reflections!

Anonymous said...

ha, I am going to test my thought, your post get me some good ideas, it's truly awesome, thanks.

- Norman

pam said...

Oh Karin...I loved seeing the Banff picture. It has been so many years since I was last in Canada. So many memories of such beauty. I love your list...especially finding good in #57. #60 is precious...wow.

George said...

What a wonderful list of blessings. Our lives are full of blessings if only we would recognize them.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Karin, I am trying to catch up with blogs today... Big Job!!! ha.... Loved your Dedication Poem.. What a nice job they have done with that facility. I'm sure that your mother would be proud.

Love your "Many Blessings Monday" posts.... Which of the four seasons do you NOT enjoy??? I love them alll--but Summer is my least favorite simply because I despise the heat.

My blessing today is getting home safely after a wonderful trip. God's world is just so gorgeous.

Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Your list of blessings is a good reminder to give thanks in all things.I am trying to find reasons to thank God.
Blessings,Ruth

Unknown said...

Wonderful post here. I know you will understand our study of mystics. How wonderful to know that Mystics on The Move, means to be close to God in every moment and keep on moving in his name. No need to sit in silence continuously. Blessing sista in Christ.
QMM

Velvet Over Steel said...

Wonderful Blessings!!! Yes, where do the year go?! My oldest son turned 26 on Sunday and put 'old man' on his facebook page. NOOO!! Ha..

Congrats on your grandson turning 7 yesterday!! My neiphew turns 7 son! His sister who's 3 and him are my 'practice' grandchildren! :-)

Hope you have another Blessed week!!
HUGS,
Coreen