SUFFICIENT GRACE


Thanks Evi for your great shot!


As a younger woman, I once observed two brothers in the Lord having a falling out and accusing each other.  
Butting heads is what I perceived.

The following thoughts came to mind 
and I wrote them down. 
What thoughts come to your mind?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why do we think that the sins that we see
Are definitely worse 
than the sins that we don't?
I may recite all the flaws 
that you have,
But convince me of mine 
you certainly won't!

I may express anger, 
be proud and outspoken,
But resentments and vengeance 
eat you up inside.
I may be harsh, 
impulsive, unfeeling,
But cruel deception, 
slick cunning you hide.

In God's eyes, I ask you, 
whose sin is the greater?
Are not both our hearts 
jet black with sin?
Both of us call ourselves Christians, 
but tell me,
Where is the Fruit of HIS Spirit within?

Let's confess and repent, 
humbly ask for forgiveness!
Our debts will be canceled, 
the slate be wiped clean!
God in HIS mercy 
accepts each one, a sinner,
In whose life HE wants 
sufficient Grace to be seen!

Karin Ristau

9 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

It is so much easier to see someone else's sin than mine.Thank-you for this gentle reminder to forgive and then,let it go.I hope your days are filled with joy.
Blessings,Ruth

Glenda said...

I'm reminded of Jesus' question that asks us why we judge the speck in the eye of another when we have a plank in ours. A reminder that we all need!

Joy said...

I always think about the beam in my own eye. You have such a way of getting to the point with your poetry. Such a gift.

♥ Joy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Forgiveness is the hardest thing for us humans to do... We think that 'to forgive' someone who has wronged us---is to give in to them, which makes it seem as if what they did was okay..

However, forgiveness is for US. When we forgive, we turn it over to God--so that we can move on with our lives --and not carry that bitterness or unhappiness...

It's hard though... We all have been 'wronged' at one time or the other...
Hugs,
Betsy

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Your blog blesses me...Finally have a little late night blogging time...Hope you will stop by and check out my new giveaway. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/04/oh-happy-day-and-giveway-no-two.html

Beck's Bulletin said...

So very true Karin! Thanks for sharing!

Betty W said...

AMEN!

Doris Sturm said...

It must be human nature to see fault in others, but not in oneself. That reminds me of an old saying: "Whenever you point a finger at someone else, there are 3 fingers pointing back at you."

Marg said...

Very Timely! As I have been reconciling a relationship with a brother from years past. I think I will send this one to him, as I feel we have both come along way already.