YIELDED

He came to me in the midst of the storm.
My little boat tossing and fighting each wave.
HE held out HIS Hand and said, "Peace, be still."
I looked on HIS face and knew, "HE WILL save."

I yielded command of the sinking ship,
And with patient, powerful, perfect control,
Steering the vessel, HE changed its course!
Visions of home now filled my soul!

I'd thought all was hopeless, that I'd surely die,
But HE stilled the torment, allayed all my fears!
With mercy, compassion HE stayed by my side,
And tenderly wiped away all my tears!

He'll do the same for you, oh my friend!
He is as close as just calling His Name!
You've nothing to lose! Just give Him your SELF,
You'll have eternal life as your gain!

Karin Ristau


3 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks SO much for this. I am going through a bit of a complicated time at the minute, facing a number of Big Unknowns, and prone to panicking a bit - and this is the 3rd time in a week that I have been directed to the story of Jesus calming the storm!!
So thanks for being instrumental in reminding me to Trust Him More.
blessings- Ang x

Betsy Banks Adams said...

People don't realize that God is so close... Great writing, Karin.
Hugs,
Betsy

C. JoyBell C. said...

"Visions of home..." how beautiful those words are...