TEN THOUGHTS

Were there no fools, there would be no wise men.
-- German Proverb

Never get in a battle of wits without ammunition.
-- American Proverb

We judge others by their acts, but ourselves by our intentions.
-- American Proverb

Speaking comes by nature, silence by understanding.
-- German Proverb

Almost anything is easier to get into than out of.

Whether you think you can or think you can't --
you're right.
-- Henry Ford

When you open a door, don't forget to close it.
Treat your mouth accordingly.
-- Jewish Proverb

One false step brings everlasting grief.

Short pleasure, long lament.
-- Chinese Proverb

True friendship is one soul shared by two bodies.
-- Mexican Proverb

2 comments:

Betty said...

I love the last one and the fifth. The fifth is so me. I always get into things that I regret later....

Kimberly Pitman said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. Not only did your comment make my day, but it led the way to your own wonderful blog! I love meeting other women of faith and sharing a time of adoration of our Beloved.

You are one lady I wish I could sit down and talk with personally. (Did you see the part on my profile about genealogy?) I have deep German roots but a decidedly American vocabulary. :)

Your husband was snoring while you read my blog? Mine was rolling his eyes while I wrote it! No, "Pastor Dad" is a good sport and a real encouragement. Through our 30 years together we've had our share of mountaintop and valley experiences but we've learned that we always have the Lord and each other to help us through. We've also learned that the Lord is less prone to emotional outbursts than the other two in our little triangle but that's probably another story!