BOUQUET OF THANKS & PRAISE

Thanks to Irene, Academy Florists, for this photo!


It snowed almost all week reminding us that, “though our sins are as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow!” It’s coming down again as I write!


God’s Word – an awesome treasure! As the pastor has been using verses from Psalm 119 on which to base his message for our seniors, I’ve been reviewing my writings of a personal psalm, which I wrote in the same manner – 8 lines for every letter of our alphabet, just as Psalm 119 is written. I will share it on here in future posts!


A fantastic breakfast meeting with the team from work! One of our chaplains shared his wonderful gift of hospitality! They had just finished renovating their home and it looks great – especially the kitchen! Meetings around the table are good for the bonding of our team, as we have added three new pastoral care staff corporately in the past year.


Nothing like having prayer partners who know you and your personal and family situation at a deeper heart level and vice versa. Every time the Lord brings someone to mind we lift them up in prayer.


Plans for an annual fundraiser for our organization are in the works. We’ve got a dedicated and faithful team of auxilians, called the Shepherd’s Caring Friends. We’re feeling the crunch as the event is only two months away and most of the committee are taking a couple of weeks of vacation to warmer climates during March. We received the good news that our former fund development director, who left to become CEO of another company, is willing to be our consultant for this important event. May the Lord give health and strength to each one of us to do our utmost! It promises to be a very busy time!





All praise to Him Who reigns above

In majesty supreme,

Who gave His Son for man to die,

That He might man redeem!



Refrain

Blessèd be the Name! Blessèd be the Name!

Blessèd be the Name of the Lord!

Blessèd be the Name! Blessèd be the Name!

Blessèd be the Name of the Lord!



His Name above all names shall stand,

Exalted more and more,

At God the Father’s own right hand,

Where angel hosts adore.



Redeemer, Savior, Friend of man

Once ruined by the fall,

Thou hast devised salvation’s plan,

For Thou hast died for all.


His Name shall be the Counselor,

The mighty Prince of Peace,

Of all earth’s kingdoms Conqueror,

Whose reign shall never cease.




13 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Stay safe and warm, Karin!

It is so nice to know that our scarlet sins are white like snow. We had plenty of object lessons this winter ourselves. Now our weather is turning just a bit warmer and the buds are peeking out of the ground offering reminders of the coming resurrection and our glorified bodies.

I can't wait to read your alphabetical psalm.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a wonderful exercise to write that Psalm. What a blessing to have someone to step in and help with the planning of this fund raiser. Have a great Wednesday Karin...

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm so glad the fundraiser help worked out. What kind of fundraiser will it be, what will you be doing? I like the silent auctions with a meal before. I see I somehow missed your last post below, and I just read it, I love the poem!!! This has happened with four blogs now. I don't think their posts showed up on my sidebar, and I missed one each. At least I'm hoping the sidebar messed up, else it was a pretty big senior moment!

Jan said...

Lovely to catch up with you, Karin, and read of your activities. Yes it is tense organising and coping with fundraisers, glad there is answered prayer there behind the scenes.
And I did not know those details about Psalm 119.
"Blessed be the name of the Lord"
Love and Hugs,
Jan

Glenda said...

I love your opening sentence; His cleansing is still coming down!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful post, Karin.... I cannot wait to read 'your' Psalm that you are working on....

Be safe out in that snow...

Blessed be the Name!!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

Thank you for giving us a verse to keep in mind the next time it snows. I hope I remember it at that time.
I look forward to reading your personal Psalm when you post it.
You obviously have a wonderful team to work with -- I'm glad you got a volunteer consultant for your fund raiser.

Hootin Anni said...

That's nice to hear that your former director is willing to help out again.

Thanks for stopping by this morning...your company is always welcomed and your comments are much appreciated.

Hootin Anni said...

That's nice to hear that your former director is willing to help out again.

Thanks for stopping by this morning...your company is always welcomed and your comments are much appreciated.

Warren Baldwin said...

Snow. We'd like some in Kansas, both for the reminder of sins being forgiven, and b/c we need the moisture!

I'd like to hear that song sometime. The message is beautiful.

wb

Shug said...

Our church has a Prayer team that meets every Tuesday....This is the strongest group of prayer warriors I have ever seen...
I love and appreciate each and every one of them...
Thanks for reminding me of how great it is to have friends that pray! Will be praying for your strength...
Enjoy many blessings today,
Shug

pam said...

I look forward to your personal psalm...I love to hear your thoughts.

Marsha Young said...

Serve Him with a "glad and willing heart!" Now there is a prescription for joy!

Have a blessed day. Marsha