THANKFUL FOR.....



91. A frosty pink sunset-curtained with fog – even though I didn’t get a photo.

92. Refreshing sleep. Have heard of so many people who have difficult falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up far too early. There’s nothing like a deep, satisfying seven to almost eight hours sleep a night.

93. Opportunity to have lived in so many places in my life. Born in what is now Poland, grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba, married and moved to Sioux Falls, SD. Served in our first student pastorate in Waterbury, CT; our first senior pastorate in two churches at the same time – one in Wyben, MA , the other in Montgomery, MA. Amazing, cherished memories! That time was followed by moving to Woodside, NY as hubby became senior pastor and also where our second daughter was born. After less than a year in NY, the Lord called us to Edmonton, Alberta where hubby was professor of Old Testament until he retired 6 yrs. ago. Here in Edmonton we’ve lived in 5 different houses!! Also enjoyed our 1.5 yrs in Louisville, KY during a wonderful sabbatical.

94. Extra income hubby generates with his stamp hobby. It has come in handy to help others! 




95. Volunteer Committee that is planning an exciting spring fundraising event for 2011. Love working on a great team – creative, productive and fun!

96. My favorite lounge chair! Love putting up my feet after a hard day standing and walking around at work.

97. Our health care coverage. That reminds me that I need to make some appointments soon!!

98. Quotes like: For three things I thank God every day of my life: thanks that he has vouchsafed to me the knowledge of His works, deep thanks that He has set in my darkness the lamp of faith; deep, deepest thanks that I have another life to look forward to -- a life joyous with light and flowers and heavenly song. ~ Helen Keller

99. New ways of connecting, i.e. facebook and the opportunity to re-connect with friends from over 40 years ago.

100. All life’s circumstances, the joyous and the difficult, which draw us closer to our Heavenly Father.

101. SKYPE visits with the grands! Woohooooo!

102. Fresh flowers!

103. Choices, choices, choices in life! Lord, help me to always make the choice that honors You!

104. Mandarin Orange time! Hubby did his weekly hunting for food routine on Saturday and brought some home – even though they were not even on my list. He knows how much I love them!



105. Home-made soup kind of weather! We love it! Have to chuckle that I’m going to end on ‘food’ even though it’s time for bed as I write this and I’m not hungry!

 "In every thing give thanks: 
for this is the will of God." 
Thessalonians 5:18 -

11 comments:

pam said...

Sleep...ah...I remember sleep. I seem to have joined the ranks of those not getting good sleep and it's NOT GOOD FOR US. I too LOVE Facebook...I have found so many old college friends. Many have moved back to our area so I've been able to meet up with them...FUN TIMES. Karin I pray you have a sweet week of abiding with our Father!

Glenda said...

Your grateful spirit which allows you to see blessings in the daily-ness of life is so uplifting! You have truly "bloomed" wherever God has planted you across the years!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your dried flower arrangement and fall centerpiece! Why did you live five different places in Edmonton? You have had a very busy and rewarding life!!

Lady Dorothy said...

Along with all you are thankful for, I love your fall decor. And what a beautiful tablecloth!

George said...

Your wonderful list reminds us all of the many things we have for which to be thankful.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this post and learning more about you Karin. Isn't SKYPE the greatest for keeping in contact with loved ones? Love the looks of those oranges too. Your post reminds us all of how many blessings we have - thank you for sharing.

Jane said...

Oh, I love mandarin oranges! Love your list,

Jane

Betty W said...

How sweet of you hubby to bring you manderine oranges! I love those too and they remind me of my childhood Christmases in Canada.
Love your grateful spirit!

Bernie said...

I am thankful to have a blogger friend who is such a lovely lady who sees the good and gives thanks for all things. God Bless...:-)Hugs

Jan said...

Very elegant floral decoration!
Love reading your grateful list. You have such an insight and the gift of words too.
Sleep is not my strong point,
Your mandarins are a different colour to ours which are a very rich dark orange.
With love,
Jan

Warren Baldwin said...

#93 was great. You have lived in a bunch of places. And I didn't know your husband taught OT. That is neat. I teach 3 Bible courses as and adjunct prof - Survey of Old, Survey of New, and Bib. Interp. It is fun.

I like the pics you post.

wb