GROWTH

Growth is more of Christ and less of me
He must increase and I decrease!
He must receive the glory that I’d want;
All prideful striving on my part must cease.

Now if I want to really find my SELF
Then all of SELF must first be lost.
I must be changed from deep inside
And never count the pain or cost.

Then I’ll reflect HIM more and more;
More each new day than yesterday.
If HIS disciple I do claim to be
I’ll walk with joy upon the narrow way.

If emptied of myself and yielded to the Lord.
No glory will be mine in anything I do.
He will be all I truly want and need
He is the One who changes and makes new!


Karin Ristau

3 comments:

Cathryn said...

You do have a God-given talent to write poetry. Very nice. Have a blessed Lord's Day ~ Cathy

Unknown said...

Thank you for the reminder.

Deborah said...

This poem is beautiful! I saw your comment at Cathy's and thought I'd visit...it's always nice to meet some one else from canada...especially one who writes poetry!
Nice 'meeting' you!