ALONE WITH YOU

Father, I need time alone with You again!

Before the busyness of life has my thoughts racing,
I will come running into Your outstretched arms.

“Be still and know that I am God,” You whisper tenderly.
Be - just be!
Doing nothing!
It is not a waste of time, but a wait in time!
Still – pure silence.
Listening intently!
It is not emptying my mind of noise,
But filling my mind to overflowing
With Your life-giving Word,
Thus displacing empty words of my enemies.
So that any outside noise is not even distracting.
Know – not just mental ascent,
But a without a shadow of doubt knowing
In the inner most parts of my being that
I AM
is God, my God, my Father,
Who
Loved me yesterday,
Loves me today and will
Love me forever.
That is knowledge too wonderful
and complex for me to grasp!
I'm humbled to think
that the Creator of this vast Universe,
Takes time to be alone with me again!
Thank you Father!
AMEN

No comments: