GOING GREEN

The 3 things on my 'to do' list today were to relax, refresh and rejoice! A leisurely drive through the back roads took daughter, granddaughter and me to a popular greenhouse. Definitely a way to achieve all the above at once! The body relaxes immediately as the eyes feast on all the gorgeous flowers, ornamental grasses, color combinations and different textures of greens in ornamental pottery. "Oh, look at this." "Wow, these are amazing." The earthy smell, the increased humidity, the warmth of the sun, all refresh me as I intentionally breathe deeper to take it all in! I rejoice that our Creator has given us such an abundance of beauty to be enjoyed every new spring. The real thing far surpasses the silk creations found in the gift shop at one corner of the greenhouse.


Gone are the days of my own gardens. Sometimes I miss it! It is a lot of hard labor to plant and maintain a garden! Perennials were my favorites. Double hollyhocks along the back fence, delphiniums, lupins, cosmos, gerberas, bleeding heart, lily-of-the-valley, peonies, sedum, snow on the mountain, and a great variety of lilies and iris. I can't even recall all the names.
The perennials always spread so fast. I divided and gladly gave away to many another's garden. It's wonderful to see that my interest in gardening or simply loving flowers has been passed down to the next generation. We enjoyed our little adventure to get a head start at spring! Our spring, summer and fall are far too short.
We topped the evening off with a delicious barbecue supper at our oldest's home and finished with a walk to the park to sit in the sun while the children played. I am blessed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had come along.... but I know I will not be ready to buy anything until later this month. I want to make a few planters... I have 2 or 3 large pots and 4-6 smaller planters, so there's lots of potential. I don't know that I can afford to make them really elaborate, but I'm sure we can come up with some nice arrangements if you and Evi help me! You both have much greener thumbs than I do!
Nice blog, by the way! I checked it out earlier last week but couldn't comment... I see you've fixed it so that I can comment now. I hope you have fun blogging... looking forward to your random thoughts! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by for a visit! I'm enjoying blogging, I think!

We'd love to help you get your arrangements going! You'll be so surprised how the little things you plant will become by late summer a beautiful bountiful delight! I look forward to our out-trip! Just say when!

Yes, I figured out how to set it so that comments are allowed. Good thing eh!

I'm still a little nervous just to ramble or vent or opine, but it will come.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it! :o)