LEGO


A young friend of ours,
Polly Mayforth Krause, 
shared this insight 
with her facebook friends this afternoon. 
I asked her permission to share it with you
 and she graciously gave it!

from the Net

 
"My son, 
like many other boys his age, 
loves to play with Lego. 
His imagination soars 
as he creates all manner 
of structures, creatures, scenes, etc. 
Recently, he began the daunting task of sorting the Lego. He made this decision, 
because it took too long 
to find the particular piece he needed. 
Having obtained a load of it 
at a garage sale, 
I watched him 
patiently sorting through it for days. 
Today I was helping him, 
while his sister looked on. 
"Why are you helping him 
sort his Lego, Mummy," she asked. 
Without hesitation, I replied, 
"Because I love him". 

In the silence that followed, 
I had a moment of gratitude 
for the love of God 
and His willingness 
to help me sort out so much more 
than just my Lego.


Let God help you sort things out!
HE LOVES YOU!


I'm sure I'll never look at Lego
the same way! 
Our grandkids have suitcases full
and I've always loved 
watching what they create,
but with iPods and iPhones
perhaps Lego need dusting off!

10 comments:

ellen b. said...

Lovely thought for sure that God loves us enough to help us sort things out...

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I am glad you shared this. Yes,God does help me to sort out my life and for that I am grateful.

Mari said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing.

Maple Lane said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful analogy. Blessings to you and Peter.

Jedidja said...

I'm glad you wanted to share this on your blog, after you have read it. It's very great to ponder.

Glenda said...

Oh, my! This really resonates with me . . . just this weekend our grandson visited and got out the bucket of Legos! What a wonderful lesson God taught this mother - and one that many of us needed to hear!

George said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful message with us. Lego will never be the same for me as well.

Ann said...

my kids, boy and girls all love this. When I was young, my big adult cousin bought a set foe her younger siblings. They made a castle. when we went, never seen Lego before, we undid everything, and started building. My cousins came back and they got so mad. They made it for display, not to play. Now we are in our 50s, we LOL when we think of this.

Warren said...

Great story! God is always at work, even in the seemingly little things.

Karen said...

I love this, Karin! Two of my boys were Lego-Maniacs and it looks like my youngest granddaughter will be, too! This is a great illustration of God's patience and love. Bless you.